Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Smile pans across my face

It is 10:30pm and the party people have shown up in their pretend attire and shield with gifts as token for entrance.  In the corner a mean looking girl who scares me like no other, I’d rather not mention, is chatting up a fun guy with a fedora and a poodle who does not want the pen behind the ink of her words.  Unrequited, she is persistent.  Later she justifies his refutation of her requests on to him for her bed to share, due to his bachelor status.  Strangers plotted around the room leaning on pine cabinets in a log cabin out where the reception runs still, talk to each other with no comprehension.  I escape to the loft no longer do I wish to be an apt observer to their childish ramblings and actions.  In the silent cold air I breathe in solitary confinement, I am glad to endure upon tonight’s shivering temperatures.  The still talk in the air out here quells the headache I have had all night due to the withdrawal of one of my many horrible addictions.  The morning comes and I am blue from the tundra but a smile made, pans across my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment