Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nobody knows anything

Nobody knows what is going to happen to any of us
Except the fore lorn rags of growing old
In the immensity of it
I Moan and groan for the things I must do in this weary world
Rolling my bones
Alone
Rounding around 7th avenue
In these tragic hands I do see a tired old man in the calluses on my palms and the wrinkles in my skin
In America
Born alone and stupid
There must be an alternative to the American dream of capitalism and money grubbing
That consumes the west
The east
The north
The south and anything in between
Across golden folds of America
 I need a supplication in this dream
In all the road going
In the madness of my mind
I seek the end of my travels
To rest these tired feet
From all the searching
To end at the doorstop

Of the woman I love

No comments:

Post a Comment