Thursday, May 1, 2014

Visiting prison

Every day before class I sit outside
On concrete in this building that could be
Mistaken for a prison
Only it has doors and windows
And they let us leave
But they still tell us
What is right and what is stupid
What is good and what is not
Every day before class I do this and stare outside the doors and see big rolling green hills and tall tress
I want to live in the deepness of the forest
Listen to the silence of crickets churping
Birds singing and other critter making their sounds
I would sleep in the trees and eat berries from branches
Hunt for my food with the respect
That this green earth gave to me
Using all that is given
The pelt for warmth
The bones for protection and the meat for the night’s sustenance
I would walk with wolves and fish with bears and be calmed by the river
Rushing by with the beauty of clear crystal blue roaring off rocks and down cliffs
That bounces the clouds reflection back to him
In the night
The moon and the stars guide me and cool me
Soothe me to bed with the creatures of forest that dwell under me
Alas, I am not residing in the brush

But in a prison that lets me return to my home when I have done my time for the day

No comments:

Post a Comment