Friday, August 9, 2013

Still I pursue

I read a poem to my mother and felt its memory flash by in a kamikaze of expression
Suddenly I was alone and no one stood in my presence and blackness had taken over
I came to by the lights as it flashed from a switch and just as fast
Her scoffed reply fueled a burning fire, never put out, only dampered
Expression of truth blindly out in the open
No concern for yours
It is the page the paragraph the sentence the line the very word
That begins to transcend us into evolution
We moved into a darkened hallway and in the halls a daunting shadow causes cowering to become us
Only enough times until you stand with her and dance and dance we have done
 In Rome and In Paris
Drank the wine made for the gods and started a merry war for my heart
Those days have long since passed and she tallies 1000 victories over me

Still I pursue and I pursue

No comments:

Post a Comment