Thursday, August 8, 2013

When I was dead

When I was dead
I cannot remember how the days ticked and tocked with the clock one hand dragging me through the endless monotony
Before the reefer diaries were handed down to my ocular path
What I felt
What I thought
Said
Expressed
Experienced
Was like a black and white T.V without sound
I was unheard
Unseen
Unfelt
Unmoved
Closed up and afraid
Now I feel every misty spray from every wave
Like a wave of emotions from the ocean
Like kissing the lips of your lover
Like time stopping
I am no longer immune to the colors of the rainbow
I am no longer shut off from the evening lights on those hot summer days
My mind has opened up
Into the depths of its truths I lurk finding what I find
Dumpster diving for the things I missed
Aesthetically visualizing the anaesthetized numbing of my frontal lobe
Flash backs and memories fly back
Slowly remembering when I was dead


No comments:

Post a Comment