Friday, October 11, 2013

Yank Hippy

Laughs and chuckles a man alike sits driving me next to him
Bouncing rolling down trouble filled alleys with booze and women cigarettes and pot for men like me
Bars and moon lights and stars psychedelic dreams of the New Orleans spirits who haunt my nightmares
4am walks down pitch black projects with foreign stares from darkness and others who wish the devil calling my name
Traveling through time one hotel after another and another
Couch surfing
Pot smoking in a strangers backyard
Living a life meant for free men like me and expelling the enslavers from my mind
Cranium filled with the memories of the ones who tried but lost
The ones who fell and were forgotten and never down trotten
Men alike and women gone wrong with insecurities who find me in dark bars surrounded by the ones
Your daddy and momma warned you about
The Yankee hippy boy who god fears
Joint in hand on the streets of Atlanta drinking beer free
Free
Free

Never again imprisoned to the chains of those lost to me 

No comments:

Post a Comment