Saturday, February 8, 2014

I know love today

I have never loved like I have with you.  I never knew I loved someone like I love you.  It flows in all of me and I am beginning to think it may be possible to love someone so much that no matter what you do, you cannot die.  I never used to fear death not knowing what tomorrow would bring, and when it brought you suddenly I was petrified of what was to come on my deathbed if you were not here with me.  My heart never pounding against the bone and cartilage in my chest like this where bruises protrude onto my epidermis for the entire world to see like tattoos on the heart.  Except it kept spreading and spreading until my body was red from head to toe in passion.  When I was to see the next time, I would leap toward you and kiss you.  The stars would explode a merry dance across the sky that would leave me breathless in your arms as you clutch to my chest.  I never could feel so small in such small hands that could crush a grown man’s heart like yours could.  Each morning I would plead for you to stay and pull you to me hoping that today would not be the day for you to leave.  The coming days I would expect you to leave and when you were there each time, I could not imagine a more perfect woman.  I could not write or manifest such a lust and pursuit of anyone. Yet today on this day I know love and I know it with you and you alone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment