Tuesday, July 30, 2013

smiles

At all hours love and passion tear me outward
Ribcage widened in a terrible pain I yell out for the end to be near
In such metamorphosis my heart is revealed to pumping and gushing red and red more and more
For a warm bed for two and an endless supply of such heat
In solitude I deceive myself of joy
That cold silence would keep me warm on the battlefield of love
She lay waste to many a man and boy
Yet I return to her gaze and in the night she disappears to star and dust
I see her spread her twinkling face across the night sky
In reflection she smiles on me in the darkness
Forever more do I wish this night to ripple on through the ages
Until two heartbeats beat as one
Forever more I will no longer wish for the night but only her eyes that are the stars once smiling down upon me

Now smile on me day or night she smiles on me 

No comments:

Post a Comment