Sunday, September 22, 2013

Inmate 2917

Every night I go outside
Rain pouring
Star above
Horses and cows rustling in the grass
I puff 3 times and normality
Runs rampant
Setting me on an even kilt
Before I would puff all day and night and I might be wary of sound I make
Now I sit in barred windows in a padded cell
Where I am told when and what to eat
When to sleep and when to wake
I am told what not to think
Like inmate two 9 one 7
Only reason they haven’t bought me clothes is they cannot without missing some kind of rent
In the beginning of puffing for me was done in the pair with no opposition beside me
Now he sits barreling a rule book of attitudes and reconsiderations
For me to choose what not to do
A wicked retreat from this dwelling is burning up my body from my knees
The planned escape on a plane to Austin Texas or maybe New Orleans
After I stop in San Francisco stopping at terminal C
A new life temporarily
Farming and living simply
Roading and see all I can see
For two months maybe three

Who knows if I will come back home again 

No comments:

Post a Comment