Sunday, July 16, 2017

A man

I don't know what it means to be a man anymore
it definitely isn't that
it isn't marriage and children
it isn't bull headed arrogance
it isn't machismo and stoic ice faces
I can't tell anymore
I know people like to think so
its easy to disrespect the child dressed in his father's clothes
trying to emulate this big scary man from his youth
the man with mallet hands who tells you how to be strong
but in doing so shows you his weaknesses
its easy to put on his shoes and wear them around
its harder to choose your own and wear them around
its not courageous to do the old thing over again
I know people like to think so
does being a man have to be that?
i hope not
i hope men change their ways because they give me a bad rap
i know that they will not
id like them to try anyways
there are many ways to be a man
its not my fault none of them have been found out

No comments:

Post a Comment