Monday, July 3, 2017

I like the quiet

I like the quiet
I like the quiet and calm
The still particles that can be stationary on the sound
Riding each wave to a standstill
I like quiet
The things we so in the dark and tranquil waters of the night
 Holding the ones we look into at the evening and the ones we dream of and
wake up to when we make the form of a waking body
A moving body of particles and cells that break from their slumber
The rising of the sun from its nap beyond the clouds
I like the quiet
Do you know why?
Do you know the loud earth shattering tones of the voices that creep and crawl in
the waking hours of my mind's lengthy corridors
The steps they make in the marble
make echoing resonations
bouncing from wall to wall
ceiling to ceiling
They always yammer on this and that
Blood curdling screams
come out from the shadows
to cease the never ending beckoning
I cannot suffer through their illusions and the thoughts they conjure
like witches in my mind
The twisting and contortions made from their potions and cauldrons
that are holding the most viscous solutions
Veracious creatures captured in the much
and you can see their form as they
struggle and tussle
to break free
I like the quiet for the witches are still and their creatures slumber
Deep in the depth of the dream
I like quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment