Friday, November 15, 2013

8ft tall and invincible

In the chill wind on the coast in marie anna island
A grand tale was written
Still pursuing dangerous ends when I am 8 feet tall and invincible
Yet the lips on mine where her beach blonde hair draped over me
 A weakness cripples me to knees
In the blink of an eye
She took me to a place not fit for a road traveler
I did not wish her to grab my hand and walk me there in slow footsteps dragging in the sand
We walked down the cold sand at midnight with the flashlight of the moon
Eyes peered on us as the grains caught between our toes slowed us to a stop
Chills crept down my skin as she lay on top of me
Her cheek on mine
Silent conversation with minds and wind and music and laughter
Matched the beating I felt on my chest
As her lips pressed on mine a nightmare struck me
Waking me from this wondrous slumbering sleep
Where dreams are not that which they appear and what is as it appears is not which it says true


No comments:

Post a Comment