Sunday, November 24, 2013

A failed revolution

I once tried to start a revolution with words
Now I underline the word “tried” because I failed to do so
Not from lack of conviction on my behalf
The will of my compatriots did not beholden to one another a type of civil disobedience
Instead they held a strong commitment to obedience and God forbid them to go outside the laws, where the revolutionaries eat and drink with alcoholics, junkies, and heathens
My word rebellion did not hold only poets responsible for its propagation
Artists, free thinkers, homeless outsiders, and all who were told that in order to grow up, you must do this and do that
Yet my revolt did not make it past such early steps
My liberty comrades were committed as a con man is to a wallet as they were to the cause
Collegiate acceptance through the eyes of society and peers took their mind against mine and chewed into a ball of mush
Then they were no longer individuals
They were a part of the herd
The blind mass collective of beating hearts, breathing, mobile storage apparatuses
Such that in order to live happy, one must be that of lawful accepted granted passage into a world that laughs at you while they quarters and dimes, nickels and pennies are thrown to the ground and it is called minimum wage
They peddle information that tells how adults look
How adults style their hair
How adults walk
How this, that, and the other are done

That is called conformity and the next thing to come…is death

No comments:

Post a Comment