Sunday, November 24, 2013

Elmore country jail

I was sitting around in Alabama one morning resting my ass on the cold cloth mattress in Elmore county jail for crimes uncommitted
I shall repeat each offense so the warden yells and bellows at me until grey hairs stem from his scalp and face
Arriving with the silence of my replies to his belly aching at me for the things I wear
The way my feet drag across the floor
The words I speak and I speak them well and indifferent to his opposition
I do not falter nor care to which he does not fancy
I felt freedom in his departure leaving me with the darkness of the night
I have things to do in this isolation when the moon comes on for his shift at the jail
Cold and merciless
Arrogant and ugly

I have inspiration to write and words to feel and it will take all night and my solitude to do so

No comments:

Post a Comment