Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Behind the she

She likes the sun
She likes the trees
She likes mountains and rain
She likes beds
Plump pillows on feathery downs
She likes coffee fresh from the ground
She likes beer right out of the batch
She likes smoking fresh right from harvest
She likes standing at a tilt with me
While we do nothing and be still
Laughing and frolicking 
Saying pretty adorable things to one another
She likes hitchhiking in the cold wind
She likes camping together in a sleeping bag off the 405
She likes this land as do I
She likes kissing under a tree dropping droplets on our heads
I know this because she says so every night
She likes fires and me
She likes power outages and nudity
She likes broken heaters and warm fleece blankets
I like all that stuff too and most of all
I love the girl behind the she


No comments:

Post a Comment