Friday, December 13, 2013

What I think of poetry

I think of poetry as a romanticism of man and muse
Woman and muse
I think of poetry as a manic does of anything
I think of poetry as my cannot live without
The needle in my vein
My gluttonous desire
My breath
My vitality
My DNA encoded without rules of any kind
I have had this thought many a time and with no grievance do I display such frustration
It five me a kind of chase
A cat and mouse game
In which I am both the cat and the mouse
Once at morning
Once at afternoon
Once at the evening
The other, the same
I think of poetry as how feelings communicate into words
Emotions
Memories
Thoughts
What we feel from them
Politics
Humanity
War
Poverty
Strikes us as a single dot on the page and it is done and it is done and it is done until the page is full
A poem is the words you feel and as if they were hours long without any care
Yet a minute of recitation is all you have seen
If poetry does not do this to you

Then is not any poetry I think of

No comments:

Post a Comment