Friday, June 7, 2013

Jump in line

They told us to go to school and listen to that man in the ivory tower talk and we would bow down and give him our undivided attention.  While this was going on I saw a butterfly go by and it was golden yellow and mellow and so i went with is outside.  I stood up in the middle of our hero worship that leaves men and women blind to their words and the implied perfection.  They all turned and look at me while I stood up and left them behind to be where they did not question but bent down and took it like no free man I had ever seen.  Instead I was to see slaved men and women chained to conformity and fitting it to whatever feat they needed in order to beat in order to join in on the company line.  Single file they stood and as I watched from a view far from them. They would wear white shirts and numbers would be their new names counting off like sheep in a barn.

No comments:

Post a Comment