Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Standing tall

You hear all this new stuff about bullies and how they cry when they tell their stories.  I know as someone who was bullied I should revel in their courage to tell their stories as tears fall down their faces when tell of the faces who chased them down with names calling us fag loser stupid fatty and yet i am now very chatty on these words and their power that we granted them to tower over us like tall skyscrapers that can never be torn down yet i tore mine down and they fell like apples from trees and now i see that apples are my favorite fruit i eat them all day and the words they called me do not phase me or even tempt me to feel the way many do today.  So instead of tears and fears i am stronger then the bullies who sullied me with their insecurities and wishes for attention to be seen and on this day as i stand as a phoenix from the ashes i do not cry when i think back on all the names i was called but know now that it was for a reason i was brought up by them this way teased with friendship and thrown away given phone numbers to call and then when i push each one on the telephone i would hear them laughing as they did not pick up.  It was meant to make me strong to make me to be here and and then you would not hear my cries but my voice strong and tall courageous and bravest among all.  Now it is your turn bullied and beaten cheated and weakened beautiful and different stand tall and know this will all fall and you will be left standing tall

No comments:

Post a Comment