Sunday, June 23, 2013

Lost in the darkness

I stopped writing about myself and my heartaches and concerns because it occurred to me as a writer you must not take the spotlight for yourself but shine it on the things needing illumination.  Things so darkened by blackness that they cannot even their see their hands in front of their faces to write about it and so it falls on me to shine a light for them as to give them their minds back from anger and hatred.  I am no stranger to anger.  I am mad.  I am mad at adults who stifle young minds as to mold them for their own victories as they have known.  I am mad at parents who selfishly feel guilty for events transpired outside their walls.  I am mad at selfish people because they take and want all for themselves without an altruistic thought.  I am mad that people need god to feel good about themselves and instead they judge others based on someone they may not even believe just as i.  I am mad at those who do not take responsibility and accountability for their mastery of turning their head.  I am mad at people who decide they can be racist because of a generational gap and I mad that you let them.  Out of fear no one says a damn thing worth saying except look at me because I am Gay or I am a Feminist or I am Religious or I am a Veteran or I am this and I am that but you miss the point of poetry and writing. It is not to raise your own agendas onto others, but to be a reflection of the times we are in.  A reflection of humanity within society as to point out her faults, but instead fear has caused you to be pragmatic and practical and me to be rebellious and critical of everything around me to shine a light on it while the rest of you seem to have lost yourselves to darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment