Sunday, June 16, 2013

Strive for

Today is a day that we praise the recipients of this made up holiday, which is so rightly deserved to them.  Fathers they are men who raised us they are men who have degraded us.  Fathers they are men who teach us right and wrong.  Fathers they are men who do no good but only harm.  My father is a man who did what was right for his and his own.  A man with intelligence who settles for the pragmatic traps of the man but does it for the ones he keeps.  My father is a man who does not put his hands up for threats but roars when he needs to.  He is a man of conservation and stillness that lies in his brilliance.  He taught me to think for myself and to be a man with a spine not one that whimpers and whines.  My father taught me to know what it is to be a man he taught to know what is right and to not do wrong on those who are used to its burns and marks.  My father is a man and he taught me to be one who will be the measure all fathers will strive for but never achieve,and so to this day goes to my dad and others who are not like him and my love goes to him Jeffrey Neal Campbell today I love you dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment